HANDLE WITH CARE – EQUIPMENT GRANT
As a result of the generous support of Allen & Unwin Book Publishers, who have donated money from the sale of Jodi Picoult’s book ‘Handle with Care’, we are able to offer a limited number of grants of up to $250.00 each to society members who are in need of financial assistance.
- OI Diagnosis
- OI Society of Australia member
- Applicant must be an Australian resident, and funds must be used only in Australia
Allowable Use of Funds
Funds may be used for one of the following:
- Manual/electric wheelchairs or scooters
- Prescribed exercise therapy equipment; physical/occupational therapy
- Education related items such as tuition assistance, pre-school to post doctoral support, etc
- Adaptive technology, such as computers, hearing aids etc.
- Dental intervention (due to OI)
- Vehicle modifications such as lifts, pedal extensions, etc or vehicle purchases
- Travel reimbursement to receive specialised care
- Outdoor ramps that provide access to a home
- Accessibility aides such as reachers, shower chairs, kitchen carts, etc.