The Gregory & Dolores Farrell Scholarships 2017
Gregory & Dolores Farrell Scholarships for 2017 – Applications Now Open
The Gregory & Dolores Farrell Scholarships for students who use a wheelchair for mobility undertaking tertiary education in NSW will again be administered by the SpineCare Foundation in 2017.
The closing date for applications for 2017 is: Friday 3rd February, 2017. Students who are completing year 12 at the end of this year will be eligible to apply if they plan on attending university in 2017. Students who are part of the way through a tertiary course are also eligible to apply.
The Gregory and Dolores Farrell Scholarships
These scholarships were first offered in 2004 and are supported by the family of the late Gregory and Dolores Farrell. Gregory Patrick Farrell OAM was a founding Director of the SpineCare Foundation. The scholarships are available to students who use a wheelchair for mobility, who are undertaking an undergraduate or higher degree, and for those who will be pursuing post-graduate study overseas.
The aim of the scholarship is to support integration into tertiary education. It is acknowledged that students with a disability may have additional obstacles to overcome in accessing a tertiary education, particularly the additional costs involved, which can be considerable and variable according to the degree of disability.
In 2017, four scholarships of up to $5,000 each will be offered to students in New South Wales who use a wheelchair for mobility and are attending university.
- Scholarships are only for students who use a wheelchair for mobility, who are Australian citizens and who have been accepted into a university course in NSW or are currently enrolled in one. Students who are proceeding to a higher degree are also eligible, as are students who have been accepted for post-graduate study in Australia and overseas.
- Applications must be lodged by the close of business on Friday 3 February 2016 with the attached application form. Applications may be posted or e-mailed.
- The successful applicants will be chosen by a Selection Committee. If placed on a short list, it may be necessary for applicants to attend an interview in Sydney in mid-February 2017.
- Successful applicants will be advised in the first week of March 2017.
- As a condition of the scholarship, it will be necessary for the successful students to submit mid-year and end of year results, as well as a report on how the scholarship funds have been spent. Unallocated funds at the end of the year will need to be returned.
- Funding has been made available for one year only, subject to review for further assistance, but successful applicants may reapply for future years.
Please find the attached application form and recipient guidelines. If you require any further information, please contact Deanna Mooney on: email@example.com or 9890 0959.